Online ordering and daily drop-offs have become a way of life for countless residents. You love the ease of having items delivered at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes on your doorstep are enticements to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a serious issue, but you are able to protect yourself from it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are great tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they provide a lot more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be a crucial facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Ithaca video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells give you a great number of innovative features, and the technology keeps improving. You are now able to customize detection zones, talk to people at your door, and obtain immediate notifications whenever an item arrives.
The best way to find out how a Ithaca video doorbell camera works is to look at the many benefits it gives you. Think about the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t get this on each model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in dissuading burglary with signals that can be heard and seen. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the complete picture, and that includes the faces of individuals at your entry and boxes on the surface below. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- Crystal-clear images no matter the hour: What’s the point of getting a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and hard to see? Leading models will include incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to know when a package is delivered? You are able to enjoy automatic updates from video doorbells capable of differentiating between people and boxes.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is a person waiting at your main entry? Two-way audio allows you to ask their purpose for being there. You could even take advantage of this helpful feature to scare off people hanging around your porch.
- Avoid false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to customize detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will let you cut down on false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Convenient access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the option to view current and recorded video right from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you can engage with them from the palm of your hand, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s happening, and even permit you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. They’ve turned into difference-makers in terms of protection and convenience.