Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Ithaca smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface places you in complete command of your Ithaca home’s security and automation. See how it will help you and check out suggestions to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Ithaca?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you can even chat with someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also offers total remote operability through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can perform:
- Check real-time or recorded footage from any integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Ithaca by implementing schedules or establishing rules. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the fire alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in your house and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a warning if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you can still arm the system by using the above steps. You will then confirm you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Ithaca
Despite the fact that multiple users can be set up when you first get your system, you may want to add an additional user at some point. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, select phone or email and enter the info to deliver an invite.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, simply proceed to the menu, tap users, choose the user you want to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Ithaca smart home. Call (607) 600-9658 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.