What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Ithaca?
Protecting your home against known risks like burglary and fire is the primary objective of any home security system. You can accomplish this with wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to take advantage of the newest innovations, a wireless smart home is your best choice. With a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to secure your entrances or view real-time video from your smartphone? A wireless smart home gives you a degree of access you’ve never seen before. You can remotely check or change any integrated components, like your smart thermostat or locks.
● Instant notifications: You can not only access your system, but it can also get in touch you. If one of your sensors is tripped, an update will be dispatched instantly to your mobile device app. You’ll always know when there’s a security event, no matter where you are.
● Adaptable and scalable: Unlike wired components, you can put wireless ones practically anyplace. Want to have a video camera on your shelf or in your nursery? No sweat! It’s also easy to incorporate or remove equipment from your wireless smart home.
Potential disadvantages of wireless systems
Although wireless smart homes in Ithaca have proven reliable and useful, there are a couple of potential shortcomings. You should consider the following:
● You may have to change batteries. If you use battery-powered devices, there’s always the potential for an interruption when the battery dies. Even so, smart devices will inform you when battery life is low and usually last for several years without calling for a new battery.
● Placement of devices. There might be restrictions on how far you can place wireless devices away from the primary command hub. This won’t be a concern in most homes, but you need to ask about the restrictions before moving forward.
● Threat of online hacking. Similar to any computer network, the risk of hacking exists. But you can significantly reduce this risk by incorporating secure passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting routers with integrated security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in Ithaca today!
Take advantage of everything a wireless smart home can offer by customizing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll love being able to monitor and control your Ithaca security system from any location. Contact (607) 600-9658 to take the first step toward a more secure and versatile home.